Annual FACS Photo Calendar Contest
Each year FACS produces a wall calendar that features photos taken by its members. The photos are selected by the membership at the photo contest at the first fall social. The spiral bound calendars fold out to 11 by 17 with a photo filling the top half. The printing is on heavy matte finish paper, and as a result the quality is excellent.
Orders are taken at the fall socials. At $15 dollars each, the calendars are reasonably priced and are something FACS members can look at with pride and fond memories throughout the year.
Photo Calendar Contest Rules
- Photos must be sailing-related and photographed by the submitting member within the previous 12 months.
- Entries will be collected and voted on at the designated social, usually the October Social.
- Photos MUST be landscape orientation, of GOOD resolution (min. 1 megapixel) and suitable to be cropped to 11″ x 8.5″ size.
- Each entry MUST be submitted as both a HARD COPY for viewing and a full resolution ELECTRONIC IMAGE FILE. Photos that are not accompanied by an electronic file on a memory stick will not be allowed into the contest. All entries will be viewed by the Photo Contest Committee on a laptop to ensure that they meet the minimum quality standard of 1 megapixel in size and are in landscape orientation prior to the start of the contest.
- Only one entry is allowed per membership if there are enough entries to fill the calendar.
- In the event that there are fewer than the required number of photos submitted, each membership may submit a 2nd pick photo. In determining the winning photos, all primary photos will automatically win, as will the required number of 2nd pick photos with the highest votes.
- Members must be present and their dues paid-up to submit photos and to vote at the contest.
Photo Calendar Contest Winners
Click on the images below to access the calendar photos